Sweating is normal especially during summer or after a rigorous exercise. However, excessive sweating without doing any activities and on a cold season is definitely not normal. Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one common condition that is suffered by millions of people around the world. It comes in two kinds namely the focal and generalized hyperhidrosis. Focal hyperhidrosis is less serious and can be easily cured. Generalized hyperhidrosis on the other hand is more serious and usually involves complicated and drastic medications for treatment.
Though causes of this condition are hard to explain, some people however experience excessive sweating due to obesity. Obese people have too much fat cell that affects the cooling process of their body and as a result, they sweat profusely. Another possible cause of hyperhidrosis is genetics. Treating it may be hard, but with the advent of advanced technologies and medications, curing it is no longer a problem.
Mostly, people with this condition tend be socially detached and less confident about themselves. They find it embarrassing and uncomfortable for sweating excessively. The idea of treating it is not even a good idea for them because they feel embarrassed in going to the doctor. However, this cannot stop you from enjoying your life. There are several treatments that are proven to be effective and can help you get rid of excessive sweating.
1) Medical treatments
*One of the most commonly used treatments is antiperspirant. It contains Aluminum Chloride, a chemical that helps prevent sweating.
* Endoscopic and Lumbar Sympathectomy is another great treatment that eliminates the link between your sympathetic nerves and your sweat glands.
* Iontophresis blocks the sweat glands by using electric currents. It is usually painless but you need to undergo several sessions for best results.
* Anticholinergics impede the neutral transmitters that control the sweat glands. Many find this effective, however it causes various side effects such as blurred vision and bloating.
* Using Botox is another effective way or treating excessive sweating. It causes the sweat glands to be inactive or blocked. This remedy is great because it lasts for a longer period, for approximately six to twelve months.
2) Natural Treatment
* Proper Hygiene
Taking a bath daily is important to prevent bacteria from attacking your skin. It is important to note that the cause of foul smell is not because of the sweat that we produce but due to the bacteria that attacks our skin. So have a shower to prevent these bacteria from going near your skin.
* Clothes made from natural fiber
Linen and cotton are the appropriate clothes to wear because they allow air to evaporate easily. Avoid using polyester because they usually results to excessive sweating.
* Eating foods that are rich in zinc, magnesium and Vitamin B complex
can help give you a healthy skin and controls you from excessive sweating. Some examples are oysters, beef, halibut, green leafy vegetables, oatmeal, and bananas. It would also be great to drink plenty of water in order to replace the water lost in your body. Water is also an effective way of decreasing the level of toxins.
Excessive sweating cannot stop you from enjoying your life. With various treatments available, you can eliminate this condition and live a happy and normal life.